Be a key driver on BASF’s path to digitalisation by supporting existing products and initiatives as well as innovate additional digital solutions that supports BASF’s global businesses
The candidate will support the Technical Asset and Vulnerability Management team of the Compute product family as well as be an active member of a project team to identify and eradicate shadow IT by enhancing the detection capabilities as well as improving or establishing adequate processes to document and maintain asset information during the complete lifecycle.
• Technical asset management for the whole BASF Digitalization services managed environment. This includes workplace systems, data center, network infrastructure, cloud, applications, etc)
• Vulnerability management services for: data center, network infrastructure and cloud.
The main focus of this activity includes from traditional hardware equipment and software to IoT, cloud based assets, and the convergence with the OT world always focusing on the cyber security related requirements and needs.
The role will closely partner with all other infrastructure and cyber security related units, as well as with application development, configuration management and procurement teams to successfully plan, support, coordinate, and track assets and their relationship to each other throughout the asset’s lifecycle from procurement to deployment to disposition.
Daily activities will include:
• Identify,coordinate and trigger continuous improvement of the asset management concept, processes, tools and operational tasks to ensure correct lifecycle management of technical assets operating in BASF companywide
• Data analysis and reporting: Develop and support analytics model which enables accurate, risk and impact based tactical and strategic decision making.
• Coordinate with other IT Service Management teams to improve, enhance and add value to the IT asset management processes, reporting and systems, making IT asset management an enabler for security, financial and overall organisational efficiencies.
• Be part of the compute vulnerability management team in the detection, reporting and tracking vulnerabilities as well as their remediation within our product family (data center, network infrastructure, cloud)
• Very solid understanding of IT Asset Management in relation to cyber security processes and procedures.
• Very solid understanding of Cloud Assets Management and related processes, procedures and best practices.
• Experience with ServiceNow CSDM, CMDB and discovery
• Experience in cloud platform administration, cloud vulnerability management
• Experience in networking
• Focus on automation, scripting (Phyton, other)
• Ability to work independently and in team to develop and maintain technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems consistent with organizational objectives and compliant with all processes and procedures.
• Strong and effective team player with very good communication and negotiation abilities, able to work in a virtual and cross functional team environment.
• Commitment to excellence and meeting goals and deadlines.
• Bachelor in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field of study
• 5+ years' experience of IT Asset Management supporting large enterprises and organizations
• ITIL v3 framework, in specific Service Operations, IT Asset Management.
• (C1) English level is a must.
• Experience with IT service management tools (ServiceNow, CA Service Desk Manager, other…)
• Experience with Scanning Tools (Qualys, Rapid7, other)