HAYS IT is collaborating with one of the main companies in the pharmaceutical sector.
During the last 5 years, they have established an IT Shared Services Centre in Sant Cugat, with a structure of more than 200 specialists. If you want to be part of technological projects and join one Top Employer company in Spain, Boehringer Ingelheim is your place!
We are looking for Backend Developer for Translational Science.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Within the IT RDM Translational Science team, they are supporting the Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology (TMCP) department in their endeavor to proceed novel therapies and drug candidates into the first clinical applications. In the TMCP department, computational scientists are continuously developing and implementing cutting edge analytical pipelines, e.g. for genomics analysis, data integration, machine learning and image processing.
It is their task to provide likewise cutting edge and compliant infrastructure, platforms and professional IT services that enable scientific computation pipelines and services at scale. You will be joining a team of highly skilled and motivated IT professionals based in Germany and Spain.
As a Backend Developer, your main duties will be:
- Provide expert IT support in a highly interdependent environment, focusing on backend services, platforms and systems for Translational Science and Clinical Pharmacology
- Design and implement business logic and backend services in various custom applications.
- Develop high-quality code based on defined user stories, including unit/integration tests and code documentation.
- Implement, maintain and optimize system environments based on continuous integration pipelines.
- Consult and support computational scientists in implementing business logic and backend services.
- Guide external suppliers to ensure compliant and high-quality code delivery.
- Work with IT RDM teams, IT Infrastructure and IT Enterprise data services to align technology stacks.
- Work with IT Enterprise Operations Center and IT Quality and Compliance to assure compliant use of infrastructure services.
- Educate first level support to support computational scientists.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related/equivalent discipline.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in in state-of the art programming languages (Java, TypeScript, Python) and backend technologies.
- Know-How in modern backend frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot), APIs and database technologies such as PostgreSQL.
- Working experience in CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins.
- Working experience in containerization (Docker/Singularity) and container orchestration (K8s/OpenShift; OpenDevStack is a plus).
- Knowledge about automation (Puppet, Ansible) is a plus.
- Experience working in an international and intercultural environment and availability to travel.
- Work experience in regulated environments (GxP) is a plus.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, organizational and analytical, results oriented and collaboration skills.
- Flexible working conditions
- Life and accident insurance
- Health insurance at a competitive price
- Investment in your learning and development
- Gym membership discounts